One game where we regularly beat Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
Here are the facts about the investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure.
- BT and Virgin Media have invested over £15bn in the UK’s digital infrastructure in the last five years.
- Over the last five years UK broadband speeds have more than quadrupled.
- Average download speeds are now faster than those in Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
- Nine out of ten UK homes now have access to superfast broadband at 30 megabits per second or more.
But it doesn’t end there.
- UK companies expect to create more than a million new jobs to meet growth in the digital economy.
The future is digital and we want the UK at the heart of it.