Average UK broadband speeds have doubled in the last three years
Here are the facts about UK broadband speeds in the UK.
- UK has faster average download speeds than Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
- Average UK broadband speeds have doubled in the last three years and increased twenty times in the last ten years.
- Ultrafast speeds over 100Mbps are on their way to the Openreach network with up to 12 million homes and businesses benefiting by the end of 2020.
Did you know?
- It's our researchers who are pioneering the deployment of the G.fast technologies that will bring ultrafast broadband speeds. The UK will be one of the first places in the world to benefit from a large-scale rollout of this technology.
- Openreach have just announced 12 new G.fast pilot locations: Bolton, Cheltenham, Derby, Donaldson, Langside, Luton, Rusholme, St Austell, Swindon, Sheffield, Balham and Upton Park. This is in addition to initial trials in Huntingdon, Gosforth and Swansea and full pilots in Gillingham and Cherry Hinton